BRIEF PROFILE OF ARCHBISHOP DR. RUFUS OKIKIOLAOLU OSITELU
His Eminence, the Most Reverend Dr. Rufus Okikiolaolu Olubiyi OSITELU (Ph.D. Comp. Sc.; Ph.D. Religion) is the Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Arch-Province of Nigeria, and the incumbent and the Fourth Primate of "The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide" organization.
Archbishop Dr. Rufus Okikiolaolu Olubiyi Ositelu is the son of late Prophet General Dr. Josiah Olunowo Ositelu [first Primate and Founder of The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide], and Archbishop (Mrs.) Susannah Adewunmi Ositelu, popularly called “Mama Aladura or Mama Kekere”.
He started his primary school education at Christ Church School (Anglican), Ogere in 1958. After the successful completion of the Primary School Leaving Certificate course in 1964, he attended the Institute of Professional Studies, Apata-Ganga, Ibadan in 1965. From 1966 through 1970, he attended the Prospect High School, Abanla, Ibadan where he successfully completed the West African School Certificate (WASC) examination.
After working with Nigerian Bottling Company Limited (now PLC) from 1971 to 1974, he left Nigeria for Germany to study in Europe and the United States of America. He commenced his professional studies (Data Processing) at Control Data Institute, Frankfurt am Main in 1974. He completed the Diploma courses with flying colours as the best student in both Computer Technology and Systems Analysis and Design.
From 1976 to 1979, Rufus Ositelu thereafter undertook further studies at the Institute of Data Processing Management from in the United Kingdom. From 1980 to 1981, he worked as a Data Processing Practitioner with System-Haus GmbH, Waldacker, Germany. From 1982 to 1983, he attended the Institute of Economics (Wirtschaftsfachschule), Darmstadt in Germany.
From 1983 through 1986, he further went on a combined Master’s and Doctorate’s programme in Computer Science at the Department of Engineering of the Western-Kennedy University, Agoura-Hills. This programme, he successfully completed with a dissertation titled: “Resystemization Life-Cycle – Computer Economics,” which earned him his Ph.D. in Computer Science.
In 1991, he undertook the Pastoral Studies course with the University of Hagen in Germany.
In 1993, he pioneered the first branch of The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide in Germany and was ordained a Reverend same year. He saw to it that The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide was formally established and registered in Germany in 1994.
From 1993 through 1996, he undertook a Bachelor of Theology course at Covington Theological Seminary, Rossville in the United States of America. On successful completion, he was awarded the B.Th. degree.
From 1997 to 2000, he further took a Doctorate degree programme at the same institution, and this programme he completed also in flying colours with a dissertation titled: “African Instituted Churches”. He was awarded Ph.D. in Religion following a brilliant performance.
Between 1986 and 1999, he worked in the Computer sector in diverse capacities.
He is a prolific writer. He is among others, the author of “African Indigenous Churches”, first published in 1984, “Data Processing Simplified”, which was published in 1987, as well as African Instituted Churches – Growth, Spirituality and Ecumenical Understanding of African Initiated Churches”, which was published and launched in 2002. He has also submitted different papers on Computer Science and Theology, published in scholarly journals.
He was elevated to the rank of an Archdeacon of the Church in 1996.
He held several Management and Leadership positions during his sojourn in Europe, which unknown to him then, were used by God to prepare him for the task ahead. He was the first Chairman of the Foreigners Elected Parliament in “Kreis-Offenbach”, the Local Government Area, Offenbach in Germany. He was the first elected African Vice President of the Hessen State Executive Council of the “Landesbeirat”, of the State Elected Foreigners Parliament also in Germany, as well as the first President of the Nigerian German Association (NGA).
At the Tabieorar Day of 22nd August 1998, he was publicly proclaimed as the fourth Primate of The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide with effect from the 16th day of August 1998, according to the divine revelation to the Supreme Council of Prelates (SCP), and in circumstances pursuant to Section 7 Article XVII of the Constitution of The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide, by the most senior prelate at the occasion, to the glory of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Since he became the Primate in 1998, The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide has witnessed significant, tremendous and remarkable progress:
1. In his first seven years alone, over one hundred (100) new branches of The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide were established.
2. As part of his familiarization efforts, Dr. R. O. Ositelu has paid pastoral visits to all the Dioceses in the Arch-Province of Nigeria as well as to all branches in Europe, the United States of America, and in the West Africa sub-region. In the history of The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide. This is the very first time a Primate has visited every branch of the Church.
3. In his determination to move the Church forward and as led by the Holy Spirit, Primate Dr. Rufus Ositelu has created five (5) new Ministries in the Church, namely:
Similarly, the Evangelical and Youth Ministries have become very vibrant with new innovations to the glory of God, including the annual “Single Delight” among others.
4. He has established several councils and associations, including:
5. Through Divine Revelation and directive unto him during the end of year retreat on Mount Tabieorar on the 31st December 2002, The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide now since the year 2003, celebrates three (3) major spiritual events every year, namely:
6. In line with his conviction about education being the greatest legacy, he started and completed the school buildings of OSITELU MEMORIAL NURSERY & PRIMARY SCHOOL (OMNPS), Ogere.
7. He has established THE CHURCH OF THE LORD of (ALADURA) COLLEGE [TCLAC], Ogere and all Dioceses are being encouraged to establish schools.
8. He has embarked upon the establishment of the multi-campus DIVINE GRACE UNIVERSITY (DGU), also known as Aladura University.
9. Since the return of the ALADURA COMPREHENSIVE HIGH SCHOOL (ACHS), Anthony-Village, Lagos by the Lagos State to the Church, he has repaired all the dilapidated structures, built new class-rooms, and equipped the school with computers and other modern equipments.
10. Similarly, the ALADURA THEOLOGICAL INSTITUTE (ATI) has now been upgraded to offer graduate and post-graduate courses in Religion and Christian Education. The staff-quarter of the institute has been completed, and a new library has been built for the ATI in Ogere.
11. He has established the GRACE MEDICAL CENTRE (GMC), Ogere for the use of Ministers, Members of the Church and the general populace in and around Ogere.
12. He has secured the certificates of registration for the OMNPS, TCLAC, ACHS, and the additional members of the Board of Trustees of the Church in the Arch-Province to the glory of God.
13. He has built new Evangelical Auditorium and Store for the use of The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide.
14. He has established the DIVINE GRACE BLOCK INDUSTRY (DGBI), Ogere to generate fund for The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide organization.
15. He has given the Tabieorar Complex a new and vibrant face-lift to the glory of God and joy of the faithfuls, including:
16. He started and has completed the new Primate’s Office Extension to the glory of God.
17. Similarly, he has completed the new building for the GRACE GARMENT FACTORY and BUSINESS CENTRE.
19. He has established a new security outfit for the Church – “Special Security Squad”. The graduation of this squad took place on Saturday, 26th August 2006.
20. The establishment of the “Boys and Girls Brigade” of The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide in December 2004.
21. For the very first time and to the glory of God, he led about thirty (30) adults and youths of The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide to Europe to participate in a Church Jamboree.
22. His policy on giving the adequate publicity to the Church activities through the Print and Electronic Media is unprecedented, including “LENTEN TALK” for three months on Gateway Television (GTV), “IPE NDUN” (The Trumpet Sounds) for one year on Lagos Television (LTV) and “KINGDOM TALK” for over six months.
23. Other projects being embarked upon by him are housing projects in Lagos and Ogere, including:
In line with his believe in bringing the leadership closer to the people, coupled with numerous newly pioneered Church branches, he has created many more Dioceses, and has since inception of his administration, maintained an open door policy to the benefit of the adherents and to the glory of God. His administration has indeed been a listening one and his watchwords remain:
· Accountability and
· Godliness (TAG).
Given his twenty-five (25) years sojourn in Europe and America, his calling to head The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide has been a great challenge. Until his calling to lead this Covenant Church, he worked as an Information Technology Consultant (Mainframe) with Compuware GmbH, Dreieich in Germany.
To his credit and all what he represents, young and dynamic graduates were and are still encouraged and motivated to come into full-time Ministry of The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide organization to the glory of God.
All glory and honour be to God for empowering him to perform marvellously to the admiration of all and sundry. His total commitment to God’s work has been a source of inspiration to the faithfuls of the Church both at home and abroad.
His computer background is a blessing to the Church organization as almost every department in the Primate’s Office has one or more computer/s.
Primate Dr. Rufus Ositelu is a Disciplined Leader who believes in honesty, justice, prudence, fairness, hard-work, selfless service, transparency, accountability and godliness. He practices what he preaches and the adherents of The Church of the Lord (Aladura) Worldwide appreciate his dedication and commitment to the service of God and humanity, and peace among the people of the world. His hobbies are reading and writing. He is happily married and blessed with children.
May the Almighty God continually strengthen, guide, uphold and use him more and more for His glory in Jesus name, Amen.
Senden Sie E-Mail mit Fragen oder Kommentaren zu dieser Website an: